1948 - STARTUP
Founded in 1948 by two entrepreneurs, John Pridgeon & Donald V. Clay, with only $15,000 between them.
1948 - Startup
The original Pridgeon & Clay location was a converted garage at 1005 Grandville.
John and Don relied heavily on their staff of approximately twenty to help facilitate their business goals through innovation and efficiency, using what we consider today to be archaic work methods combined with extraordinary human effort.
Pridgeon & Clay moved to Front Street, and then moved again to Buchanan and Cottage Grove, a 8,000 square foot building.
Today, the main plant is still located on Cottage Grove and totals approximately 350,000 square feet.
Donald Clay became the sole owner when John Pridgeon retired.
An addition to the East side of the building along the parking lot was built.
A major expansion was completed that is now our Plate Flange Business Unit.
Opened accredited onsite training center.
A plant in Apostag, Hungary was acquired to increase our European customer base.
> IMAGE GALLERY
Moved the warehouse to the new Union Station buildings (USDC).
Doubled our manufacturing size in Hungary.
Sales offices in Shanghai, China and Alzey, Germany were opened.
A joint venture with NAVA Hermanos S.A. in Monterry, Mexico was implemented to expand our international footprint.
Poland facility is built and operated under YSP&C, a joint venture between Pridgeon & Clay and Yushin Precision.
Acquired full share ownership of Mexico joint venture.
> IMAGE GALLERY
An addition to the front entrance was added to our Mexico plant.
Absolved joint venture in Poland; increased work in Hungary
Began work on an addition to our Franklin facility.